Safeguard Your Car: 3M Car Tint, Protection, and Repairs
3M started out as a mining company in 1907, but when the mine failed to produce the right mineral, they turned to innovation. Over the next several decades, they brought us waterproof sandpaper, masking tape, cellophane scotch tape, the Post-it note, and a number of other revolutionary products. Today, they have over 60,000 different products in almost every imaginable category for domestic and industrial use. Their range of products for cars is particularly well-known and includes the famous 3M car tints.
3M Car Tints is actually a collection of several families of window and paint protection films. All of the films incorporate some form of advanced technology and are non-metalized, meaning that they do not block radio, GPS, or cell-phone signals. Some of their features and characteristics are briefly outlined here.
- Crystalline Series: These films can provide heat and UV without changing the look of your vehicle. This film blocks up to 99% of the UV radiation in sunlight as well. Up to 97% of the heat in sunlight is rejected making it an excellent choice for a cool and comfortable interior. The wide range of tints makes it suitable for any state regardless of local laws.
- Premium Series: Like the crystalline series, they provide superior UV protection. However, they block a lower amount of energy and heat. They also provide higher glare protection. They are called the premium series because of the opulent look it gives a car and are much cheaper than other automotive films that provide similar protection.
- Ceramic Series: The special ceramic technology provides 805 heat rejection, the ceramic films are corrosion and scratch resistant as well.
- HP Series: High performance meets high style; The HP series offers outstanding heat rejection performance with sleek charcoal finish.
- Color Stable Series: These are special nano-carbon treated films that do not fade with time. In addition to the UV, heat, and glare protection, they also provide high privacy.
- Black Chrome Series: As the name suggests, these films give car windows a dark, reflective, chrome coating. They are useful in places where sunlight is harsh and long. They also give your car the ultimate cool look.
- Scotchshield Security Series: The pinnacle of security films, these also have strong anti-shatter properties, which bolster the window panes’ own. They also provide privacy and other protections.